Google Inc., August 2002 - Current
Product Evangelist, Google Inc., January 2007 – Current
- Represented Google as a speaker or panelist at industry conferences including SMX, PubCon, DMA, SES and Ad:Tech.
- Educate Google coworkers about important trends in the search engine marketing industry through presentations and an internal blog.
- Educate advertisers on technical aspects of AdWords including the AdWords Editor, the Ads API, Ad serving and ranking.
- Drove increased product adoption and increased advertiser spend by delivering product updates to strategic clients.
- Awards and recognition: 2 Executive Management Group Awards for work on the AdWords API and the AdWords Editor.
- Operational glue between sales and product
- Public face of a top brand from its early days to today
Sr. Product Specialist, Google Inc., May 2004 – January 2007
- Led the team of AdWords Product Specialists and helped them grow from a local group of 3 to a multi-office group of 15.
- Represented the varied needs of worldwide AdWords customers and support teams in product and engineering meetings and prioritized feature requirements that helped decrease support costs by X% and increase revenue by a factor of more than 100X.
- Conceptualized, designed and delivered tools to enable the largest advertisers to manage their accounts more efficiently and to increase their spend with Google.
- Presented the AdWords vision to audiences at industry conferences, to live radio audiences and in television documentaries that have aired across Europe.
- Developed programs that enabled the support teams to provide a higher level of service for technical products like the API and Analytics.
- Planned and executed the transition of support during Google’s acquisition of Urchin, now known as Google Analytics.
- Educated coworkers at all levels from Sr. VP to intern about the AdWords product and how it fits into the competitive landscape.
Client Services Associate, … - May 2004
- Hired the first Dutch language coordinators for Google’s European operations and helped train them.
- Delivered an overview of the AdWords product to 200 reporters at the opening of the Amsterdam sales office.
Client Services Coordinator, August 2002 - …
- Single-handedly serviced the search engine marketing campaigns for over 2,000 European advertisers by answering account questions and delivering account optimizations. Through excellent customer service and fast turn-around times, helped the Benelux market go from non-existent to Google’s 3rd largest European market, ahead of France, Spain and Italy.
Applied Materials - Sunnyvale, CA.
Engineer, Prodapt Inc., May 2002 – June 2002
- Designed an intranet site to provide company-wide software support.
Delivered the site 30% ahead of schedule, despite increased scope and functionality.
- Implemented security, searching, and content management using PHP and Perl.
Founder, Top Tier Inc., February 2003 – Current
- Built a global affiliate marketing business that delivers $600,000 in annual revenue.
- Designed and built tools to automate keyword generation, bid management, conversion tracking and domain name acquisitions.
- Designed and built websites and gadgets using PHP, MySQL and a variety of third party APIs
Engineer, Sapient Corporation, June 2000 – February 2002.
Hallmark.com - San Francisco, CA.
- Oversaw the introduction of paper cards onto the website, helping Hallmark increase their website revenues many times over.
- As content manager and liaison between the Kansas City based content team and the San Francisco based development team, translated business requirements into technical requirements and trained the content team to use the content management tool.
- Improved the site’s architecture to increase performance and stability. The site did not have a major crash during the 3-month warranty phase.
- Took the new website live in time for the holidays, the peak season for Hallmark’s business-to-business sales.
Banca Populare di Bergamo (www.bankyou.it) - Milan, Italy.
- Designed and built the real-time content section of the bank’s new website.
- Implemented a site architecture with future multi-device and multi-lingual support in mind, enabling the bank to grow from a strictly regional player into a nationwide bank.
- Presented Sapient’s proposed content release process to the client’s upper management.
- As a Sapient North America representative, brought best practices to this new joint-venture between Sapient and Cuneo, priming them to become a fully-owned Sapient branch by 2002.
Opodo.com - London, UK.
- Built the car rental module for this startup that is projected to be the leading European online travel company by 2004.
- Implemented the localization of Sapient’s first multi-lingual and multi-national product.
- Taught teammates how to work with the application server for implementation purposes.
Franklin Templeton – Dublin, CA.
- Designed the middleware messages for the MQSI enterprise integration layer.
- Obtained agreement on how to resolve complex business issues from 3 other consulting groups, 2 Franklin business divisions and the Franklin technical division.
- Integrated all legacy systems for use with the company’s global website, with the aim of improving customer service from Franklin’s current last-place standing in their industry.
- Coordinated development in India with design and testing in the US.
Sapient Insurance Strategy – San Francisco, CA.
- Identified sales collateral and delivery materials needed to improve Sapient’s competency in the insurance space.
- Created technical deliverables to aid in the sales and delivery process (package evaluation framework, architectural point-of-view, …)
During college years
Founder, Funtix Incorporated, Los Altos, CA, November 1998 – September 1999.
- Built a fully operational prototype of the company’s e-commerce site in 3 weeks.
- Wrote the business plan, and created all financial projections for the company.
- Pitched the business to venture capitalists and angel investors leading to offers for funding.
- Interviewed and hired senior-level management including the CEO, CFO and COO.
Account Executive, Stanford Daily Newspaper, Palo Alto, CA, Summer 1997.
- Provided customer service and assistance with the creation of newspaper ad campaigns for over 250 accounts.
Outlet Manager, College Pro Painters Ltd. (US), Palo Alto, CA, Summer 1998.
- Estimated and sold painting services to home owners.
- Oversaw 10 painters and successfully completed 20 job sites in 10 weeks.
Staff Writer and Photographer, Stanford Daily Newspaper, Palo Alto, CA, 09/96 – 06/00.
- Wrote movie reviews and a weekly video column.
- Photographed celebrities visiting campus, sports games, and news.
Web Developer, Tandem Computers, Cupertino, CA, Summer 1995.
- Created an online contest to promote interest in the MOBE group web page.